Are you tired of mining and collecting all blocks you need just to create your own minecraft house? Be in control of your own map, decide on who you wants to play on your server, give out blocks, design your own world. Most importantly never again pay for hosted server.
What you would need:
- MAC Computer
- Internet Connection
Steps on how to create your own Minecraft Pocket Edition Server on MAC OSX:
- Create a new folder on your MAC where you want your server to be located.
- Open LaunchPad / Others / Terminal App
- Type “cd ” and drag your folder on the terminal window and press enter.
- Copy and paste text to your terminal window then press enter (Wait until downloading is done then proceed to next step):
curl -sL http://cdn.pocketmine.net/installer.sh | bash -s – -v master
Once done, copy and paste this text to your terminal:
curl -sL http://get.pocketmine.net/ | bash -s –v Alpha_1.3.12
- After all has been downloaded, set-up wizard will start. Follow instructions and modify your server as needed.
- Upon successful installation, setup will display installation summary indicating your Internal and external ip addresses.
[*] Getting your external IP and internal IP[!] Your external IP is 184.108.40.206. You may have to port-forward to your internal IP 192.168.0.20[!] Be sure to check it, if you have to forward and you skip that, no external players will be able to join. [Press Enter][*] You have finished the set-up wizard correctly
[*] Check the Plugin Repository to add new features, minigames, or advanced protection to your server
[*] PocketMine-MP will now start. Type /help to view the list of available commands.
- And you’re done. To invite other players to your server, ask them to add external server in their minecraft app give it a name and use your external IP address so they can access.
For video instructions please watch below:[youtube http://youtu.be/8icvO0oTTN0]